Monday, October 5, 2015

Twitter and chats

Let's chat about twitter

http://www.shapeamerica.org/explorepe.cfm (another site I found useful to Tweet)
RSoppet@Twitter.com (link)    
My first chat :  Hope to have more success as I participate in more.

 physedgames.com(#phys. ed. games)

               screen shot from #espechat      
Twitter can provide an opportunity for teachers of the subject I teach, physical education, to learn new lesson ideas about various skill concepts at the various ages of development. It may also provide a "social" means of discussing what works  within a classroom how space, time and  a equipment  may affect teaching  and student success.
    I have had a twitter account for a couple of years. But, to be honest, I only would look at some of the New York Times information that would come my way or read what an individual would have to say.  However, once I clicked follow and began putting  in sites to follow, my twitter site seemed to explode.
        During my "playtime" with Twitter I tried to first find elementary physical education professionals and sites to follow.  So I hashtagged elementary phys.ed. I was  impressed with the results.  A very useful site for phys ed. which I tweeted  and picked up activity ideas from was physedgames.com or #physedgames.  Short animated videos  were available enabled me to see more of a visual idea of how an activity was done or game was played.
    My first chat was with #espechat. This was my first experience at following and attempting to participate in this. I had some difficulty at first and was in a state of panic worrying I wouldn't connect in time. However, I was successful. There will be another chat which I will try to particiate in on Oct19, #pechat.  Below is a tweet from Paul Rosenguard, an  p.e. professional whom I am following.  I have decided to post this description of physical education in my gymnasium as an informative measure for parents and teachers.
     


You can find me on Twitter as: @RSoppet




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great resource to post. Please let us know how the #espechat goes!

    ReplyDelete