Monday, November 23, 2015


Response to Digital Tattoo/Data Mining


    I was not surprised by what we found about an individual using the data mining activity. I was amazed by the information available on an individual. Our group had a spelling error occur at first, so that, in itself was a problem during our search. That being said, I think when doing a search, students, the curious,  etc.  need to check spelling for errors in a person's name, before doing the search.
     I think this activity might be useful in school if a student is researching biographical information. I don't think that this is something lower grades need to explore. There are other methods of finding information on someone.  Questions remain in my mind on this topic. How valid is some of the information about an individual? Are there ways to check the validity of information available about someone?
    It is my belief that all people need to be informed about how much information is available to others out in society.  Perhaps there is a need for discussion on rights to privacy, as in an unlisted phone number or address. Many senior citizens using social media and the like, I am sure, are unaware of the difficulties occurring at death in the digital world and should be informed about how to set up the process of having someone wipe out their information after death.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts. It all boils down to awareness!

    ReplyDelete