Monday, November 2, 2015

Digital Stories: Response

            

                                                    Digital Story Response

    Digital story composition, in my opinion gives the user an opportunity to be creative with a topic. My topic was a personal one, due to my interest in the history of different  traditions of Halloween, namely, the pumpkin/jack-o-lantern. Taking photos, finding songs, was the most pleasurable part of doing this.  There was some difficulty that I met up with while trying to create the video itself. I was not familiar with all of the workings of imovie.  This was very frustratingI  I needed to consult with colleagues, then needed to update my version of imovie.
    In reflecting on this assignment, it may have been more beneficial  to learn the  workings of imovie, had  time to play around with it, then do the assignment. I know this is more to learn with imovie.
     I could see a use for this in the classroom for students to view. During January, our students will learn different jump rope movements, then some(4th grade) will be required to create and or perform a short routine. Perhaps they could video each other and do an explanation of what jump rope moves are being used.
     Until I feel more comfortable with the imovie program, I may have to postpone students doing the creating and create the video myself.





3 comments:

  1. Perhaps the students could get in groups, each take a group photo of themselves doing an exercise station and one from the group could narrate how the exercise is done. This would have to be done at the 4th grade level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are keeping an open mind to the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete